What is a Mobility Budget?
Mobility budget is a monthly allowance that companies give their employees to cover their everyday travel costs irrespective of the mode of transportation. One of the key impacts of COVID-19 on the workforce is the increased adoption of remote working in a short span of time. But this has also led companies to think long term and the need to provide as much flexibility to their employees going forward – which has led to an increase in the implementation of the Mobility Budget!
Mobility Budget & HR Teams: Major Roadblocks
While the mobility budget gives freedom to the employees to choose the mode of transport when they step out whether its car sharing, ride hailing, kick scooters or public transport; implementing the mobility budget has its impacts on HR teams. Some of the common roadblocks are:
- Increased resources: Increase in the number of admin hours & resources to strategize and implement a new employee benefit plan.
- Complex invoicing: Implementation of the mobility budget means to onboard & work with multiple mobility operators, which complicates the invoicing process every month.
- Mobility operator bottlenecks: With the operators and modes of transport ecosystem evolving every day, it is tedious to offer the best services to your employees; adding to which operator unavailability in a particular area will not benefit your remote workforce.
- Changing tax laws: It is extremely time consuming to keep with changing & complying with tax laws.
- Difficult to integrate: Integration with existing HR systems takes huge IT hours & resources to implement it in the first place.
- Not environmentally sustainable: Offsetting employee carbon emissions can be hard due to the various modes of transport they take.
How can RYDES – Mobility budget help?
RYDES offers a pain-free way for HR teams to manage mobility budgets without having to undergo any of the above-mentioned issues.
Extensive mobility options: Uber, Miles, We Share, Bird, Lime, Voi, Swappfiets, BVG and the list goes on. With access to major mobility operators in one place, HR teams now do not have to worry about complex invoicing processes anymore. RYDES simplifies the entire process and delivers one invoice every month.
Seamless integration with HR software: RYDES integrates with popular HR management software such as Personio and Workday, so that HR teams now do not have to go back & forth between platforms to manage employee data.
One single dashboard: HR teams can view, allocate and track user budgets in one screen with RYDES. The dashboard also gives an overview of how everyone in the organization is using their mobility budgets.
ReducedCO2 footprint: Not only can employees access eco-friendly modes of transport, even if they use other forms of transport such as car sharing or public transport; RYDES calculates CO2 emissions per ride and offsets them, helping companies achieve their sustainability goals.
Optimized for tax benefits: Regardless of whether it is a tax-free payment in kind, job ticket or flat-rate taxation of the commute – RYDES has the optimal tax mapping that companies can leverage.
One time setup: Once the employee data & mobility budgets are set, RYDES reloads individual budgets every month without any interference from HR teams, making it a pain-free way to manage the entire process.
How does it work? (For HR teams)
Step 1: Bring in employee data: Integrate with HR systems or upload employee data into RYDES.
Step 2: Allocate individual budgets: HR teams can tailor budgets individually or go with a set budget across the company.
Step 3: Track activity & budgets on the go: Monitor how employees use their budgets across various mobility operators. Once the budget is set, the system runs on autopilot eliminating the need to constantly reload budgets. HR teams can also get to see employee carbon emissions and their offset numbers.
How does it work? (For employees)
Step 1: Download RYDES: Employees can download RYDES from Google Play Store or Android App Store.
Step 2: Choose mode of transport: When they wish to travel, employees can choose any of the listed transport modes in the app.
Step 3: Pay using allocated mobility budget: Employees can now ride cash-free by transferring the money required for the ride from their mobility budget to the wallet of the operator with a tap. RYDES calculates carbon emission for the ride & offsets them in the back end.